Skip to main content
Police Department Image

OUI Arrest, Pornhub Video, Ding-Dong-Ditch, & BOLO for Drunken Pumpkin Smasher

Police Log September 27, 2022 to October 19, 2022

September 27

At about 1:30 PM, an officer spoke with a Pleasant Street resident about her next-door neighbor. According to the resident, whose house has been undergoing renovations, her neighbor has shown disapproval of the construction by complaints to her, to the town, and to the contractors. The resident related to police that she was particularly concerned because the neighbor had placed a video camera on her second-floor window pointing directly into the backyard where the construction is taking place. The resident believed this to be an invasion of privacy. Police informed the resident that such matters are allowed on private property, but that if the neighbor has physically gone uninvited onto her property to speak to the contractors, a no-trespass order could be sought. 




At approximately 8:25 PM police were dispatched to a Jersey Street residence and spoke with a resident who explained that one of his lobster traps was missing from his driveway. On a security camera, he’d been able to see a pickup truck in his driveway earlier in the day, and the missing trap had been cut from its buoy. Another trap in the driveway remained undisturbed. 


September 29

At approximately 2:55 AM police were dispatched to a Creesy Street residence to take a report from a resident. She explained that her neighbor had sprayed toxic chemicals on her window that are making her go blind. Asked if she had any evidence of the chemicals or of the neighbor touching the window, she stated she did not, but relayed that last time she’d spoken with this neighbor she’d ended up in the Intensive Care Unit at a hospital because the neighbor had placed toxic chemicals on her door. She was told to bring any evidence to the police station. Police walked around the premises and did not notice anything that appeared like chemicals. 




At approximately 10:56 AM officers were flagged down on Ocean Avenue by a motorist who appeared lost. He stated that he’d attempted to get a new phone the evening prior at a Best Buy in Kingston, MA, but that store was out of phones and he was directed to their store in Brockton. By the time he’d arrived it had closed. He related that because his phone was not working, his navigation was unavailable, and he ended up driving in the wrong direction on the highway, ultimately becoming disoriented and finding himself in Malden, where he stopped for a meal. Afterward he asked for directions back to his home in Hyannis but got lost again, ending up at the Tedesco Country Club. Because he had no means of communication, he decided to sleep in his truck for the night. He woke up and began driving until he saw Marblehead Police, at which point he flagged them down. Police were concerned for his well being and asked if any family members could be called. The man gave his son’s cell phone number. Police connected with his son, explained the situation, and had the man speak with him. Meanwhile, police found the man’s phone as well as a charger cord on the floor of his truck. With the assistance of a nearby resident, the police got the on-board navigation on the truck connected to the phone. 


Police asked the man to follow them back to the police station, where they discussed a wide range of subjects, including the man’s service in the Marine Corps in the 1970s. Police were satisfied he was of sound mind and body and ready to drive back home. Before he left they contacted his son again and asked if he was comfortable with his father driving back to Hyannis, and he said he was. They asked the man to contact them upon his safe arrival. Police gave him some police patches he’d requested for his collection, and the police dispatcher also printed out a copy of directions back to his home in case of a navigation malfunction. The man went on his way. 




At approximately 1:15 PM police took a call from a Marblehead resident who stated that one of her rings was missing from her jewelry box, and she was not sure if it had been stolen. She said that the last time she’d opened the box had been about two weeks earlier. She noted that she is very particular about her jewels and always places them in the same place. She described the ring and estimated its value at $600 and stated that the only two people who’d been in her room recently had been her longtime friend and a contractor she’d also known for a long time. She did not wish to accuse anyone and would not provide the contractor’s name, but said she’d draw a picture of the ring for police in case it ended up in a local pawn shop. 


September 30

At approximately 1:10 PM a Marblehead resident came to the station to report ongoing harassment by another woman. She said that her disputes with this woman date back a long time. She had previously asked the other woman not to contact her, but the woman had done so by text. The woman issuing the complaint said that she had not been able to obtain a Harassment Order due to the fact that there were too few prior incidents. Police helped the woman block the phone number from which the text had been sent. 




At approximately 8:11 PM, police spoke with a Marblehead resident who stated that she was involved in an ongoing landlord-tenant dispute, and that her landlord had evicted her in July 2022 after 17 years. He’d been her landlord, she said, for eight of those years. She has since moved to Rowland Street but had not yet retrieved all of her remaining property from her former residence. She stated that the landlord had been sending “passive-aggressive messages” regarding the retrieval of her property, including six bookcases, that still remained at her former residence. She explained that she needed additional time due to a past incidence of Covid-19, and that once she regained her strength she would remove the bookcases. However, she said, she felt threatened and unsafe because the landlord had stated that he would come retrieve her old apartment keys and would charge her $60 a day until she removes the rest of her property. 


The woman has been in touch with a non-profit organization to assist her with moving the bookcases and also told police she would text the landlord to select a date and time to have them removed. 


October 1

At approximately 1:05 PM, police spoke to a Marblehead resident at the station. He stated that he’d discovered two days earlier, when he parked, that his car’s front grill was missing. He had retraced his drive and been unable to find the grill. He stated that the car had previously been parked on Washington Street, and he wanted the matter documented. 




At approximately 3:45 PM police spoke with a Marblehead resident who stated that he’d fallen for a scam involving a housing rental on Overlook Road. Others have previously been victimized by a similar scam. The individual had seen an advertisement for the rental on, Craigslist, and Sotheby's but somehow contacted a fake seller. He’d never met anyone in person and had wired $7,100. After the seller cut off communications, the renter became suspicious and proceeded to visit the house on Overlook Road and speak with the occupant, who told him that he was a renter and was aware of this scam involving other potential renters. The complainant was advised to notify his bank and was informed that police would forward the matter to their criminal investigations division. 


October 2

At approximately 2:45 PM police arrived at a Prospect Court residence for the report of an ongoing neighbor dispute. The calling party stated that she is a trustee at her homeowner’s association and that the association had been having ongoing trouble with one of the residents. The day before, this problem resident had given one of the other residents the middle finger. In addition, this individual refused to speak with her regarding a pumpkin that he had grown in his side garden but repeatedly placed in a parking spot. She later found a pumpkin smashed in the parking lot. 


Police explained that disputes among association members are typically civil in nature, but that if she felt she was being harassed by the resident, she could apply for a harassment prevention order. Police explained to her how to do that.  


Police also spoke with the pumpkin-growing resident, who stated that the association hates him and is “out to get him.” He said he is just trying to sell his home as he cannot stand being part of the association. He too received instructions about how to obtain a harassment prevention order but was not interested and said he just wanted to sell his home and be done with the association people.




At approximately 3:26 PM dispatch radioed the report of a major motor vehicle accident on the town causeway on Ocean Avenue. Police arrived and observed  two vehicles in the middle of the causeway, both with heavy front-end damage. The first driver stated he was from Salem, MA and that he’d been driving off Marblehead Neck toward the mainland, when the other individual who was heading toward him began drifting over the yellow line into his lane. He stated that there’d been nowhere to go so the other driver hit him head-on.


Police spoke with a witness who’d been driving behind the car that had been hit head-on, and she confirmed the provided information. 


Police then spoke to the driver of the car that had drifted into the oncoming lane. She identified herself as being from Saugus and stated that her vehicle had been “pushed over” though she was unable to provide details as to how or why. She had an expired driver’s license. She received a citation. 


All parties denied having injuries and the two vehicles were towed away due to their condition. 


October 4

At approximately 8:30 AM a Marblehead resident came to the police station and explained that the afternoon prior, at approximately 5:44 PM,  an individual on a Trek bicycle had knocked on her door and then ran away. She said this had been an ongoing issue, and her security camera had photos of the individual. The photos were sent to a detective. 


October 5 

At 4:50 PM police were dispatched to a Creesy Street residence to speak with a caller. She reported several incidents, mostly civil in nature, about a neighbor, and wondered why there was nothing being done. She was advised by police that she might have a good case for a harassment prevention order against the other resident based on the information she has shared. Police explained that if a judge grants such an order and then the person violates it, police can get involved. She stated that she would go seek such a court order. 




Police spoke with a Marblehead resident who explained that there had been four separate charges on her Citizens Bank debit card for Ticketmaster totaling more than $5,000. She had begun a claim with her bank. The matter was forwarded to the Criminal Investigations Division.  


October 7

At approximately 10:35 AM police spoke with two Conant Street residents who stated that a neighbor was behaving very erratically and disrupting the neighborhood. They related that this man had a history of negative experiences with other neighbors, and that for the prior six days his pickup truck had been parked in front of their residence at the base of their front walkway, making access difficult. While the truck appeared to be legally parked, they believed he was doing it to intentionally make things difficult for them. 




At approximately 10:30 AM police were dispatched to Fringe Flora on Atlantic Avenue for a theft. The owner stated that when she had opened the store at approximately 10:00 AM she’d discovered that two fiberglass pot planters had been stolen. They were valued at approximately $350 apiece. A neighboring business had surveillance cameras that were downloaded by police for review. 




Police took a report at the station from a town resident who stated that someone had randomly sent $200 to his daughter’s Apple Pay account and then started sending text messages that they wanted their money back. The text messages provided multiple phone numbers to which to send the money. Police looked at the materials, noted that the matter appeared to be a scam, and advised the man to block the numbers. They also had him send police screenshots of the messages. 




At approximately 5:03 PM, police were dispatched to a Walnut Street residence to take a report of credit card fraud. The resident explained that about two weeks ago he was notified by a third-party company that monitors his credit card usage that his information had been used to apply for two new cards. He wanted to generate a police report for his credit card company concerning this as well as fraudulent purchases made and shipped to an apartment in New York. 


October 8

At approximately 7:30 AM police responded to a residence on Creesy Street. Upon arrival the woman advised police that her neighbor had posted a pornographic video of her and was “copyrighting the contact.” She explained that she believed the neighbor had obtained the footage from her boyfriend. Asked if she had any evidence of the posting by the neighbor or her boyfriend she said she did not, but she was certain it was them. She also mentioned she has had multiple boyfriends and it could have been any one of them. She was advised that should she find proof of someone posting pornography of her without her permission, she should bring it to the police. 




At approximately 8:49 PM a man was arrested for Operating Under the Influence after a three-car accident at the intersection of Humphrey and Maple Streets that caused damage to all three vehicles. 




At approximately 1:20 PM police were dispatched to a Creesy Street residence for the report of a liquid being sprayed from an apartment window. Police checked the perimeter of the building and did not see anything. They then went to the Elm Street residence from which the call had come, and the caller said he’d been walking his dog on the Green Street side of the apartment building located there and felt a few small drops of liquid land on his head. He looked up and saw a stream of liquid “as if from a squirt gun” coming from a window. He assumed it was a child playing around and wasn’t sure it was intentional. He said he was fine but wanted to document it and was told to call back if he felt he was being harassed.


October 9

At approximately 9:23 AM police took a report from two Washington Street residents who stated that they’d been having escalating issues with their landlord. One stated that she’d hired a lawyer to assist in communicating with the landlord, as both of the residents feel harassed and unsafe. In retaliation, she said, the landlord has refused to take their rent checks and has also discarded checks and then claimed never to have received the rent. The residents explained that, as a result, they’ve placed the rent money in escrow. Other issues they have had with the landlord include: banging on the apartment door, videoing any involvement with the neighbor, becoming “infatuated” with the way one of the residents parks her car in the driveway, and following one of the residents to Beverly. One of the residents also reported that, using a security camera, she observed the landlord “creeping up the stairs wearing a hat and using her cell phone flashlight to blind the camera and unplug the camera.” Shortly after that the resident received an email stating that no cameras would be allowed in the building. The residents were advised by police that, while the matter was civil in nature, they should continue to document the landlord’s behavior. 




At approximately 9:15 PM a man was arrested for Disorderly Conduct on Pleasant Street. 


October 10

At approximately 2:10 PM police were dispatched to a residence on Overlook Road. A man met them at the door, and his girlfriend was sitting on the couch visibly upset, calling herself “stupid” and “dumb.” The man related to police that his girlfriend had just been scammed out of $5,000 over the phone by a man purporting to be from Xfinity. While the police were there, the scammer called back, and the number registered from Ontario, Canada. Police answered the phone and spoke with a man with a heavy accent demanding to speak with the woman in order to get the rest of the money needed to fix her internet connectivity issues. When they hung up and returned the call to the same number, it registered as not in use. The woman who’d been scammed related that, earlier in the day, she’d received a call from someone saying he was from Xfininty who told her  that she had a problem with her service and she’d lose it if the problem wasn’t repaired right away. They told her to log into her Xfininity account and go to different screens where they could interact with her and see what she typed in. They told her she’d receive a $500 refund for her inconvenience, so she needed to log into her bank account so they could make the deposit. She logged into her Bank of America account, and then the man deposited $5,000 rather than $500. He pleaded with her to return the $4,500, or he’d lose his job. He explained the best way to deal with it was to purchase that amount in gift cards. She went out and purchased $4,215.72 in gift cards because she felt she was helping the man retain his job. She bought 19 gift cards from Staples and 7/11. All were Visa gift cards. She then read him every gift card number when he called back, and she apologized for not having enough to buy the full $4,500. 


She then checked her bank account and realized the $500 was gone, and there was no real deposit of the $5,000. Bank of America is working on the matter. 


October 11

At approximately 4:40 PM, an individual came to the police station to report that her neighbor on Creesy Street had poisoned her in the past by placing toxic odors in her apartment. This time she reported that her neighbor had put a tracking device on her car and can now hear everything she says. The woman has an active harassment prevention order against the neighbor that requires her to remain five yards away and not abuse her. The woman explained to police that she has an application on her phone to detect magnetic devices. She couldn’t detect anything when she walked around her car, which she said must mean that the individual harassing her was not logged in at that time. She also said she had taken her car to the dealership, and the mechanics there said there was something in the vehicle, but they couldn’t find it. Police suggested that the thing she is worried about could be the vehicle’s computer, but she said she is definitely being tracked and would go back to court to modify the harassment prevention order. 


October 12

At approximately 1:53 PM police were dispatched to Crosby’s for reports of an unruly customer wearing a blue hoodie. The customer had gone outside. Police spoke with an employee who pointed them to the individual in question and explained that this person had been acting strangely and was not wanted back inside the business. Police located the individual walking away from them. She would not speak directly to police but stated that she didn’t do anything wrong in the store. She would not identify herself. She was told she had been issued a verbal no-trespass order, and that the employee will call police again if the woman should come back. Police made an identification of the individual. 




At approximately 4:45 PM, police were dispatched to CVS on Atlantic Avenue for the report of teenagers trespassing on the roof. Police noticed three teen boys utilizing a shipping container and some pallets in the rear parking lot of CVS to come down from the roof. They stated that they’d been on the roof very briefly. They were informed that they could be charged with trespassing. The CVS manager said she was not seeking to press charges, but the teenagers were not to return to CVS without their parents. Police contacted the parents and informed them of the trespassing. 


October 13

Police were dispatched to Mookies Café on Washington Street at approximately 8:53 AM for the report of an unwanted customer in the store. The manager identified the customer by name, pointed her out, and said she’d been disruptive to staff and other customers as well as walking into employees-only areas. She had been asked to leave but refused. She had then walked into the adjacent liquor store and sat down at a table where some Mookies customers sit after purchasing refreshments. She was advised she was no longer wanted in the store, but she sat and drank tea and ignored police. She was advised multiple times but never acknowledged police and was told she’d be arrested for trespassing if she did not leave. She was unmoved. Another unit arrived, and she continued to ignore police until they told her to stand up and started to place handcuffs on her. One officer said, “You do not need to be arrested. Will you leave?” She replied that she would, and she was allowed to do so. 


Approximately 15 minutes later Mookies called again stating she was back in the store causing problems. She was getting in customers’ faces and accusing the store of stealing her property. The manager said she was concerned that the individual would assault someone. Police came back and saw her walking away, but she ignored them. 




At approximately 8:49 AM, police spoke with a resident of Creesy Street regarding an ongoing issue she states she has had with a neighbor. She said the neighbor had invaded her privacy and posted “personal stuff” online about her including her government ID and a sex video of her on Pornhub. She also said the woman had called her child’s day care to change personal information, called Mass Health to allege she’s stealing from the system, and used her debit card online. The caller also noted that she’d had a camera installed. She was advised about obtaining a harassment prevention order. 


The caller also reported that there are two women at her apartment building who have planted tracking devices on her vehicle, about which she had previously informed police. She also stated that these women had brought something to her boyfriend’s workplace, and he then began acting differently, and she’s going to have to take him to the hospital. She was asked if she needs a restraining order against her boyfriend, to which she replied no, but she said she would like one against the two women. She was advised she’d have to obtain a harassment prevention order. She stated, “Marblehead Police does not do anything,” and was told that a harassment prevention order is the best route. She hung up.




At approximately 11:52 PM, police were dispatched to a Pleasant Street address for the report of an abandoned vehicle that looked like it had been in an accident.  Police located a truck with heavy damage to the front passenger side, abandoned with its hazards on in the roadway. Police located the name of the Marblehead resident to whom the vehicle was registered. The damage appeared fresh, and fluids were pouring out of the vehicle. 


The resident’s older brother arrived on the scene on his bicycle and said that his brother had told him he’d hit a pole. Police also went to the address where the person to whom the car was registered resided and spoke with the man and his mother. He stated that he’d had a muscle spasm due to a recent injury for which he was wearing a brace, and that’s why he’d hit the pole. He showed no signs of impairment. He contended that he’d left the scene because after calling AAA he’d been told it was okay to leave the scene. 


A tow company arrived and towed the car. 


October 14

At approximately 2:50 PM police responded to Richdale for a report that several juveniles were violating an existing no-trespass order. According to the owner, the boys had been causing problems prior to police arrival. He showed police video of the boys leaning against the shelves, placing bread on their heads. Police advised the owner to call if the boys returned and told him they’d work on identifying them. 


October 15

At approximately 5:27 AM police spoke to a known Marblehead resident who stated that her neighbor had been under her car unscrewing something. She said the neighbor is hateful toward her religion, and is anti-black and anti-Spanish people. She said she no longer wants any relationship with this individual. She was advised to stay away from this neighbor. 




At approximately 9:36 PM police were on patrol in the area of Atlantic Avenue and Smith Street. As they approached Ocean Avenue at Atlantic Avenue, they noticed a vehicle without its headlights on. They pulled over the driver and requested the driver’s license and registration. A Guatemalan license was provided, and the driver said he did not have a Massachusetts license. His passenger was unable to take possession of the vehicle because she too did not have a valid driver’s license, so they were asked if anyone could pick them up so the car wouldn’t have to be towed. They said they’d call their 19-year-old daughter in Lynn, who ultimately came and had a valid driver’s license. The original operator was advised to cease driving without a valid license. 


October 16

At approximately 4:53 AM police spoke on the phone with a caller who is known to police. She has made multiple similar calls. She stated that her neighbor had stolen her identification and called her child's daycare to try and change the "voucher.” She also stated that the neighbor was trying to use her Social Security number to obtain grants, was putting acid on her window and in her food, and that the acid is activated by cement. She stated that she has cement in her stomach and recently was hit by a car. She added that the neighbor has placed devices on her car, and added that she was not delusional or schizophrenic or crazy. She added that the neighbor makes sand castles in Revere. Police advised her to bring the evidence of any such situations, but she said she won’t because she does not want to lose the evidence. She said she is now dealing directly with the District Attorney. 


October 17

At approximately 1:45 PM police were dispatched to Stonybrook Road for a Severence truck that had taken down some overhead wires. The tractor trailer had been making a delivery on Blueberry Road, and the driver was not familiar with the area. Power to two homes had been compromised. The driver stated that he’d been unaware that the top of his tractor trailer, which is 14 feet high, had caught onto the phone and cable wires that run over the roadway. One of the two homes had damage that extended all the way to the electrical panel in the basement. A  vehicle had also been damaged when the electrical conduit pipes that were pulled up had fallen on it. Both homes were expected to have power loss for a significant time. 


October 19

At approximately 10:18 PM units were advised of a “Be On the Lookout” (BOLO) for a particular vehicle that may have been involved in destruction of property on School Street. Police had gone to School Street to speak with the caller. He spoke with them from his second-story window and stated that he’d looked out of his window earlier and seen two male parties grabbing planters from in front of Caffe Italia. He pointed to Five Corners Kitchen, where a planter had been toppled. He stated that the males appeared intoxicated and had also smashed three pumpkins in the street. 


Police located the vehicle and spoke to an individual who stated that he hadn’t been the driver, but his friends had. Police spoke to several other individuals, and one of them stated that a friend of hers had called her to pick him up because he’d been drinking and did not want to drive. She stated she’d had nothing to do with the pumpkins. The individual who requested the pickup stated that he’d been “messing around” waiting for his ride and thought it would be funny to smash the pumpkins. No involved parties at either restaurant wished to press charges, and the individual who had accepted responsibility for the pumpkin smashing was allowed to leave with his friends, none of whom showed signs of intoxication. 




16 motor vehicle accidents took place between September 26 and October 19, 2022, including hit-and-runs with property damage. 


19 verbal warnings or citations for moving violations were issued between September 26 and October 19, 2022


Editor’s Note: Marblehead Beacon highlights certain events for publication, which include information obtained from incident, accident, and arrest reports, and on occasion from court documents. We do not attest to the veracity of anything contained in such documents, and only publish redacted versions of what are matters of public record. There will be little to no information regarding specifics in cases of domestic violence, matters pertaining to juveniles, incidents in which an individual is taken into protective custody, and select matters that remain under police investigation.